JOB TITLE: MARKETING DIRECTOR
Key role with leading provider of services and technology to the commercial property and casualty insurance industry. Noted for long-term client relationships, – a partner in providing business expertise and creating profitable growth. As providers of full policy lifecycle management- works with its clients on successful Program Business as well as streamlining operations from first quote to last endorsement. -flagship technology, – is a best-of-breed rating and policy administration solution supporting all major lines of business, in all 50 states, and with native bureau rates, rules forms and statistical content. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, -delivers strategic solutions that enable clients to drive competitive advantages in rating, issuing, and reporting in order to lower costs and maximize profitability. With more than three decades of experience, -is a trusted partner with deep industry knowledge, innovation and insight. –
The Marketing Director position is a key role within the sales and marketing team for North America, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies for insurance companies and MGA targets within the P&C market.
The candidate will play an evangelist/rainmaker role, responsible for creating awareness and facilitating the adoption of the complete family of products and affinity channel relationships. Product Packaging and Creative Content Management are critical secondary responsibilities. Relationship building in our market means the person should be a known person in the business community, have excellent presentation skills, and be comfortable in speaking with groups of all sizes. Expertise in social marketing, affinity marketing, PR, and the creation of content essential. This centralized delivery of marketing practices and services will leverage outsourced and internal resources.
Affinity & Primary Channel Marketing:
- Manage the lead generation process to build an optimal sales pipeline for the company’s products and services.
- Work with carriers, trade associations (TMPAA, NAPSLO, AAMGA, IASA, NAMIC and PCI) MGAs and Program Administrators to expand market share.
- Develop company unique messaging with respect to the Insurance Programs segment.
- Coordinate trade show, Customer Events and Community building, and Marketing Campaign Execution.
- Lead affinity channel activities with select products and service vendors in the insurance value chain to realize cross selling of the company’s products and services.
- Packaging of Brand and Corporate Message:
- Create and manage the company’s messaging framework.
- Support the company’s market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with outside resources, internal marketing and product development staff.
- Measure, report and improve upon company marketing effectiveness.
- Manage marketing channels (social, customer, PR, direct, web, affinity) for effectiveness.
- Content Management:
- Tracking and harvesting industry content / competitive intelligence.
- Creating and publishing new content.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with analysts and media to influence positioning.
- Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Strong marketing evangelist profile with a proven track record of success in either IT product or services within the P&C Insurance Industry.
- At least 10 – 15 years of experience in marketing IT products or services within the P&C insurance Industry, preferably working in a leading IT services and/or products firm or vendor.
- Strong ability to work effectively across a wide variety of audiences including senior business leaders, industry associations, analysts, and media.
- Work effectively as the senior partner within a high-performance team environment.
- In depth knowledge of the Insurance Industry and /or specific sub-verticals.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management.
- Travel Requirements
- 20 – 40 % to prospect and visit customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, trade shows, and ongoing relationship building.
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry designations such as CPCU a plus.
- Relationship with the IMCA or other insurance trade organizations.
Please contact Management Search Chicago for more information.